2019 3rd Laowa Photo Competition
Theme: Think outside the box & Create your own, unique perspective
Platform: Flickr Groups
Entries are open for worldwide.
- Organizer: Venus Optics
- Co-organizer: Chinese Institute of Forest Ecology, Environment, and Protection
- Competition schedule
- Submission period: Nov 15, 2019 – Jan 15,2020
- Process: Finalists will be announced EVERY month and will be announced twice in total. Winners will be selected from the finalists. All the finalists’ work will be exhibited on Laowa’s official wechat/weibo account, club.laowalens.com and other photography forums (ZOL, fengniao, and xitek).
- The contest period will run from 15/11/2019 to 15/1/2020, and is divided into 2 phases:
Phase I 15 Nov – 15 Dec 2019
Phase II 16 Dec – 15 Jan 2020
Final winners announcement: March 2020
- Submission rules and guidelines
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the rules listed here and our terms & conditions.
- The photographs do not infringe upon the copyrights or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy, does not include trademarks owned by third parties or violate any other law.
- Submitted photos should be taken in the last 12 months and any photos with previous awards in other competitions are not permitted.
- You can submit as many images as you want.
- A photo can only be entered once. However, the number of photos each person can submit is not limited.
- Laowa may ask the finalists to submit the original files for verification within certain days. If any finalists cannot provide original files, he/she will be disqualified.
- Picture must not be altered by adding, rearranging, reversing, distorting or removing people and/or objects from within the frame (except for astrophotography and macro stack), normal color toning are allowed.
- Please make below remarks in the descriptionswhen submitting your pictures:
- The lens name that was used to take the picture
- Images taken with Laowa Wide-Angle lenses
- Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT
- Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D
- Laowa 10-18mm f/4.5(5.6) Zoom
- Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D
- Laowa 15mm f/2 Zero-D
- Laowa 17mm f/4 Zero-D GFX
- Laowa 17mm f/1.8 MFT
- Images taken with Laowa Macro Lenses
- Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide Angle Macro
- Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra-Macro
- Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2:1 Ultra-Macro
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2:1 Ultra-Macro
- Laowa 24mm f/14 2:1 Macro Probe
- Images taken with NON-Laowa lenses.
- Gold Prize (1 winner): USD 1,400 voucher for purchasing Laowa products, winner trophy and contest commemorative book
- 1st Prize (2 winners for Laowa lens category, 1 winner for non-Laowa lens category): USD 565 voucher for purchasing Laowa products, certificates, and contest commemorative book
- 2nd Prize (3 winners for each category): USD 350 voucher for purchasing Laowa products, certificates and contest commemorative book
- 3rd Prize (4 winners for each category): USD 140 voucher for purchasing Laowa products, certificates and contest commemorative book
- Honorable Mentions (200 mentions in total): Contest commemorative book and certificate
- How to submit?
- Submission out of China:
- Join below Flickr groups.
- Go to the photo you wanna submit and add the photo to the respective Flickr group.
- Remember to put the lens name you used to take the photos in your photo descriptions
- You are good! Take some time to enjoy other people’s work.
- Selection methods
- The jury will pick about 200 finalists and announced it at the end of each phase.
- The jury will select the winners from the finalists by voting.
- Jury details will be shared later.
- Awards for each group could be no winners under the consensus of most judges.
- Copyright information
- All the Photos must be clicked by the participant themselves and must have all the rights of the photograph(s). You are the only copyright owner and creator of the photographs, team entries aren’t allowed.
- The photographs do not infringe upon the copyrights or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy, does not include trademarks owned by third parties or violate any other law. Each person depicted in the photograph has granted permission to you. If the organizer of the competition is subject to a third party’s infringement claim for the use of the entry, resulting in penalties, economic or reputational damage, the result shall be borne by the provider of the work.
- Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the photographer. By submitting an entry, you delegate your right for use to the organizer of the competition.
- For entries, copyright holders grant the Venus Optics unlimited non-exclusive use of high-resolution images for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest and all promotional activities without any remuneration being due.
- Winners may benefit from competition-related activities. We will ask the winner for permission and pay the according fee before using the photos for commercial purposes.
- Terms and Conditions
- Don’t allow any conduct of plagiarism. Do not submit photos repeatedly under different names. Once the above behaviors are discovered, entries will be removed from the contest and the author will be blacklisted for long-term suspension.
- Laowa reserves the right of final interpretation. By submitting an entry, you agree to the contest rules and our terms & conditions. Any participants and photos violent the rules will be disqualified.
- Prize winners can purchase any products at Laowa’s official store with the voucher. If the total price of the selected products is lower than the amount of the cash coupon obtained, the remaining amount will not be refunded; when the total price of the selected product exceeds the cash coupon amount, the winner will bear the excess.
- Winners need to submit the product model application by themselves. Products models and coupon value references are only based on the price announced by Laowa’s official store.